6.5" Front Door Speaker Pods 04-08 F150
-Upgrade your stereo system and show off your 6.5" speakers using our grille replacement speaker pods.
- 2004-2008 Ford F-150
- Speaker Mounting Face Diameter: 7.3"
- Cutout Diameter: 5.5"
- Speaker Mounting Depth: ~4"
- Color: Textured Black
- 1.5" Tweeter: 2.4" Face Diameter, 1.5" Cutout Diameter.
-These pods mount in place of the factory grille using supplied hardware and require that the grille clip openings be enlarged for installation.
- Create a custom look without the use of fiberglass or bondo. Save money by doing it yourself, or have your stereo installer put them in for you.
- These pods come as a set (passenger and driver included when ordering quantity 1).
- Pods are made from durable 1/8" ABS plastic.
- Pods are shipped black, but can be painted to match your interior using SEM Classic coat, or any other spray paint.
- They include hardware for mounting to the door panel.
- Speakers not included.
Installation tools required:
Basic installation procedure:
Remove door panel from vehicle.
Remove factory grille.
Using a utility knife, or other tool, cut grille clip openings towards outside of grille opening. Cut enough to remove the clip feature on the back of the door panel. Leave about 1/8" of material before the grille opening.
Test fit speaker and mark area on door panel that needs to be removed to allow speaker to fit flat onto speaker pod.
Install pod using supplied hardware.
Install speakers to pod: Speakers can be mounted directly to the speaker pod. Place speaker, mark mounting holes. Using the appropriate sized drill bit, pre-drill mounting holes. Place speaker and install screws.
Re-install door panel.