Front Door Speaker Pods for 6.5" 00-06 GMFST
-Replace that boring grille in the front door and provide an awesome upgrade to your stereo system.
-Fits your Tahoe, Suburban, Escalade, Yukon, Silverado, Sierra or Avalanche.
2000-2006 Chevrolet Silverado, Tahoe, Suburban, Avalanchel
2000-2006 GMC Sierra, Yukon, Yukon XL
2000-2006 Cadillac Escalade
- 6.5" Speaker Mounting Face Diameter: 7.3"
- Cutout Diameter: 5.5"
- Speaker Mounting Depth: ~4"
- Color: Textured Black
- 1.5" Tweeter: 2.4" Face Diameter, 1.5" Cutout Diameter.
- 5.25" Speaker: 6" Face Diameter, 4.2" Cutout Diameter.
- 4" Speaker: 5.2" Face Diameter, 3.5" Cutout Diameter.
- Super Tweeter: 3.6" Face Diameter, 2.75" Cutout.
- Create a custom look without the use of fiberglass or bondo. Save money by doing it yourself, or have your stereo installer put them in for you.
- These pods come as a set (passenger and driver included when ordering quantity 1).
- Pods are made from durable 1/8" ABS plastic.
- Pods are shipped black, but can be painted to match your interior using SEM Classic coat, or any other spray paint.
- They include hardware for mounting to the door panel.
- Speakers not included.
Installation tools required:
Drill with 3/16" drill bit.
Rotary tool with cutting style bit (ex. Rotozip) or similar.
9mm / 11/32" wrench.
Basic installation procedure:
**Parking brake pedal must be adjusted before closing driver door.
Remove door panel from vehicle.
Remove the factory speaker grille by bending the tabs straight.
*Using the utility knife, open the grille slot openings to accept the mounting studs. Cut to the outside of the grille opening for the best fitment.
Locate the speaker pod onto the door panel, ensuring that the pod sits securely.
Mark all mounting holes.
Test fit speaker and mark area on door panel that needs to be removed to allow speaker to fit flat onto speaker pod.
Remove speaker pod, drill mounting holes, cut speaker openings.
Install pod using supplied hardware. Do not overtighten screws! Overtightening can damage the pod or door panel.
Install speakers to pod: Speakers can be mounted directly to the speaker pod. Place speaker, mark mounting holes. Using the appropriate sized drill bit, pre-drill mounting holes. Place speaker and install screws.
Re-install door panel.